Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Reading Fun!

Good Day Dear Readers!
The Queen here wishing you a joyous season and Merry Christmas to all.

I have so many books stacked on my desk I wish to share with you, but with the upcoming holidays, I know you're interested in what's out there right now. So, instead of making my piles higher, I've sent out my knights and dragons in search of holiday reading and as they return with news, I will share links to places you can go to find books to help you celebrate this festive season.


Today, I've found one particular place that has a list of books just released this season.
 @Imagination Soup


At Imagination Soup, you'll find information about these books and even more.






Mother Reader has updated her 150 Ways to Give a Book for the Holidays. If you would like to find fun-filled ways to give your youngster the gift that keeps on giving: Yes, that would be a BOOK, then take a peek at her extensive and creative list.






Okay, now for something fun to do with the younger children. When I was little, we loved to make holiday decorations for our tree. These decorations lasted a long time and when I grew up to be Queen of the Castle Library, I was still putting some of our creations on my own tree. So, here are a couple of sites that offer ideas for simple ornaments children can make and hang on your tree.

Candy Canes- Easy and quick and little mess!






For older children, and using some of the same materials as the candy canes... Try Foil Christmas Angels







Check back again as we find more great finds for your holiday enjoyment.
Happy Reading!
The Queen

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too, oh Queen, and here's to continuing to share a love of reading in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Hope your holidays are enjoyable as well.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm clotee. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete