Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wizardry Writing Wednesdays - Rankus on Journaling

It's a great day... for chasing trolls.

What about you? What is your favorite summer activity? Where do you love to go?

Today, I'm going to talk about one terrific way to keep writing during the summer months. Because, like, schools out, right? We don't want to think about more work. Yucky, boring, sit at your desk kind of work.

Nope, I have something better, more funner that we can all do. And it's easy peasy. Trust me.




We've talked before about keeping a journal. I know the Queen Lady has talked about it. Wiz Lex has talked about it. Even my dumb little bro, Dirkus, has probably talked about it. Do you know why we are all talking about it?

I'm going to tell you. Geeze, don't get your tails in a knot.
What? You don't have tails?!?! What is this world coming to? Geeps.


Well, I'm not going to hold that little thing against you. Lets just get on with my lesson. I have a big, bossy troll to catch. He thinks he's so clever hiding under that bridge, but I'm cleverer, or... well, you know.

So, here's the things about journals.
Anything will work. A notebook, a for-really-real blank book, a file on your Ipad or computer, or whatever you have. The point is, you write in it every day. Or at least nearly every day.


And if you don't know what to write about? Well, duh, your life.
Do you think your life is boring? I think you're wrong. So what if you played video games all day? Write about it. Write about how you made it through the various levels. Put yourself in the video game and write about how you would have liked to have beat the bad guys. What it would feel like to shot and arrow, or whatever. Write about how you made it though the levels.

Mainly, write about what you like. Anything. Just keep writing. Because if you don't, all those things you learned last year? You'll forget them when school starts back up. And school always, always starts back up. Then you'll have to re-learn. The teacher will be frustrated. You'll be frustrated.

Listen to me, this might save you in the long run.

Oh, speaking of running, there's a troll I need to catch. Every time we catch a troll, they have to give us one wish. Isn't that cool?

I've been writing about the wishes I hope to make. First, though...


Happy Writing!
Rankus O. Dragon: 4th grade Extraordinaire. 

No comments: