Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wizardry Writing Wednesday: Dirkus' Farewell Speech





Aaaa-hem.

I, Dirkus P. Dragon, pre-school writers of letters and words extraordinaire, am here on this last Wizardry Writing Wednesday of April, to present my farewell speech.

All because my bratty brother wants his turn. Blah!



Yes folks, it's time for me to get back to my lessons. Wiz Lex has returned from his all frog choir tour (covered in tomatoes and spit-wads) and is ready to get back to instructing. Between you and me, I think it's for the best.

But, that means I have to get back to work now. Boo! Hiss!

That's okay, summer is right around the castle corner and soon I'll be free! Free! and FREEEEE!

Hummm, now I just need to think about what knowledge I wish to impart on you for our last (sniff) Wednesday together. (Don't worry, I'll be back. They can't keep an eye on me ALL the time. And you think I'm good with writing my letters, I'm awesome-wasom on the computer. HA!)


I think, what I've found most important in my five long years of being a scribe (remember, that's a writer) is that writers have to write. Yes! Every, every, every day.


Go buy you a little notebook, or make one, that's a blast to do. Something that is uniquely YOU! I've drawn dragons chasing knights on mine!! What do you love, love, love?





Did someone say flowers and ponies??? I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that!

Whatever. Just make you a book, and make sure it has lots of pages in it because I want you to write something every, every day. Got it?

Don't make me get Wiz Lex. He hasn't turned anyone into a frog in months and I see his wand finger twitching. Yeppers.

Write your name until you get as great as I am. (ha, as if that's possible) Write the names of your favorite food places, shopping places, play places. I have a list of knights I haven't chased yet in my book.

And for you artsy folks, make sure you leave pages to draw about the things you write.

Now for my secondest tip. Great writers do something else besides write. And the Queen will bop you over the head with her scepter if you get this answer wrong. And it hurts. I know. But don't ask how I know. I just do. Nuff said about that.

Have you guess yet? Fine, I'll tell you. Great writer's READ!!

Yes, you have to READ, READ, READ. A lot.

If you'll do those two things, then you might get to be as fantabulous of a writer as I am.

Happy Writing!


2 comments:

Eric VanRaepenbusch said...

Great advice Dirkus!

Jackie Castle said...

He's brilliant sometimes, isn't he? lol