Monday, November 14, 2011

Books to Movies - Newest Releases

Hello fair readers!
The Queen here today to talk about books that are about to be released into movies. I do love a good movie, but sometimes, the movies based on books leaves one disappointed and sometimes bewildered. There have been times when I've wondered, what happened to the wonderful story the author created for me? If movie people wish to make their own story, don't tie it in with this marvelous piece of literature.

I've spoken to many knights and wizards who are a bit reluctant to go see a movie after they've read the book. They fear the whole wonder of what they've read will be tainted in some way.

Well, I'm on the drawbridge about this issue. I have to admit, there have been a couple of times where the movie proved to be better than the book. But generally, that happened when I saw the movie, then decided to read the book afterward. Not often, has this happened.

With the holiday season approaching, there are a few books that have been turned into movies are are soon to be released.

The first upcoming release is Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer.
I have already procured my tickets, have re-read the book and am ready to see what they do with this blockbuster story. I know there are many young and older people I'll be standing in line with for the mid-night showing. I'll be sure to give a royal wave.









The next release of this season is The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick


Book Description from Amazon.com
Orphan, clock keeper, and thief, Hugo lives in the walls of a busy Paris train station, where his survival depends on secrets and anonymity. But when his world suddenly interlocks with an eccentric, bookish girl and a bitter old man who runs a toy booth in the station, Hugo's undercover life, and his most precious secret, are put in jeopardy. A cryptic drawing, a treasured notebook, a stolen key, a mechanical man, and a hidden message from Hugo's dead father form the backbone of this intricate, tender, and spellbinding mystery.


The movie is scheduled for release on November 23. What a fantastic Thanksgiving treat that might be. However, I encourage you to read the book first. I find little ones love the reward of seeing a movie of the books they've read. What a great incentive to encourage reading!


Here is the official trailer. Enjoy!





Finally, just released today is the trailer for The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
This movie isn't scheduled for showing until spring of 2011, so you have plenty of time to read all three books to get ready for it. Today's trailer release tells me the movie promises to be as exciting as the books.




Well, if you haven't read these books yet, you still have time to run up to your local library or bookstore and prepare yourself for some lively entertainment.

Happy Reading, and Movie Watching!
The Queen

No comments: