Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Weather Brings Some Changes to the Castle Library

Good day, Fellow Readers!

The Queen here with a exciting announcement for you. Starting this week, I will be changing how I post new book features.

From this day forward, all book introductions, activity adventures and author information will be contained in one post. This will make accessing information easier for everyone. I will still list all books I've featured on the Pages according to the age level. You can check there to see what's been covered in the past.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
The new feature is Wizardry Writing Wednesdays! Next month starts the annual NaNoWriMo. If you've never heard of this wonderful challenge, I implore you to zip on over by clicking the link. There is a challenge for adult writers and young writers.


Writing is just as important as reading. Both go hand-in-hand. If there were no writers, well... then we'd have no books. No wonderful stories and adventures to take our minds on.

So, every Wednesday, you can drop into the Castle Library for some writing tips from our wonderfully, wise, wizzy, Wizard Lexiconi.


You will still get the book features. At least one a week. Mondays will always be a book feature day. Fridays will either be a book, author or illustrator feature.

I do hope you'll enjoy the new changes. I'd love to hear your feedback. I have some fabulous books lined up for young and teen readers. Check back often.



On another note:
Marji Lane over at Unravel the Mystery has presented The Castle Library with a Versatile Blogger Award!!!


Winners of this award follow simple steps to sharing it with others.
  1. List seven things that folks might not know about you.
  2. Pass the award on to seven new bloggers and let them know.
  3. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.

For the seven things you might not know about me...
1. I haven't always been a Queen of the Castle, I used to be a real POWER house. 

2. I always insist that my dragons wipe their feet before entering the Castle.

3. I have stacks of books in almost every room. And there's a lot of rooms in my Castle. (And yes, this includes even that room.) ;0)

4. I love to write and have written a couple of books of my very own. 

5. I am waiting for someone important to realize what wonderful books they are and find a place on the big bookshelf of the world. (*sigh* maybe someday.) 

6. I have a hard time getting the trolls to read. Please don't be a troll. Reading is a real adventure. 

7. I can read anywhere! In bed, in the kitchen, out on the veranda, in the garden, waiting in lines, in my royal gown, walking and even running... if I'm on a treadmill. (I learned my lesson on THAT one). I can also read while wearing a funny hat. I enjoy reading with a cow, a mouse and a toucan. I can read while cooking green eggs and ham, on a boat, in a plane, in the chariot (so long as the mice are driving), while riding a unicorn, walking down the school halls (so long as the Principal doesn't catch me) and with my bestest, best friends. What would you like to read next? I'll always take request. 

Seven fabulous bloggers I enjoy reading:
1. Of course, my fellow scribe and giver of this award: Marji Lane. She posts something mysterious every day. Check out her site when you get a chance. 

2. The Book Chook has fun to do with children's literature nearly every day. 

3. Just Children's Books is run by a stay-at-home-mom, Nichole.

4. I Can Teach My Child offers a lot of book lesson activities for different ages groups. 

5. A Special Kind of Class offers tips and things to do with special needs children. This is a must have for parents of special needs kids. 

6. For some writing fun, visit Lisa Buffaloe's Fliterary blog. 

7. Write4kids blog is written by Jon Bard and Laura Backes from The Children's Book Insider. Lots of great information for aspiring children's writers. 

Finally, Thanks to Marji Lane for presenting this fun award. Thank you so much for appreciating my blog. God bless. 

Don't forget to stop in Wednesday and meet Wizard Lexiconi as he conjures up whirlwind writing tip #1. 
Happy Reading. 
The Queen

2 comments:

The Book Chook said...

So cool that you're going to give tips for child writers ...ahem, I mean Wizard Lexiconi will. Our young creators need all the support they can get!

Thanks for the award!

Jackie Castle said...

Lexiconi is so very excited about this opportunity. I'm hoping it'll keep him out of mischief and too busy to change my young princes into frogs. The croaking noise is becoming unbearable.
And you're welcome on the award. I've enjoyed your site very much.
Thanks for stopping by the Castle.